Vector is a self-contained Extensometer, capable of replacing multiple contacting and non-contacting sensors with a single, next generation instrument.
Accurate, repeatable and reliable measurement
Capable of meeting and exceeding the requirements of extensometer standards ISO9513 Class 0.2 and ASTM E83 – B1
Versatile, flexible and capable
Replaces a wide range of measurement sensors such as clip-on, automatic and video based extensometers with a single device, in many cases eliminating the need for multiple instruments per test station.
Effortless, highly simplified and intuitive setup & operation
- Automated zero touch control
- Simplified operator interaction
- Improved test throughput capacity
- Simplified Workflows
- Forgiving of variations in user interactions
- Reduced training requirements
Wide range of test capabilities
Ideal for testing a diverse range of materials from composites to metals, plastics to rubbers and ceramics to natural materials
Truly non-contact measurement
Encapsulates all the benefits of non-contact measurement with none of the drawbacks.
- Strain measurement through failure
- Harsh environment testing (furnaces etc)
- Testing of highly fragile specimens
- Avoids problems of clip-on devices that can compromise results, such as knife edges slipping or causing damage to the specimen
- No consumable parts
Significantly reduces total cost of ownership
Vector represents a significantly reduced capital investment compared to advanced extensometers such as video and automated systems, whilst also offering a comparable lifetime cost to that of a single clip-on extensometer system.